Jeremy O. Harris defends Sam Levinson amidst rumors of tension on the Euphoria set
@jeremyoharris Stop reading bad #gossip about #euphoria ♬ original sound – Jeremy O. Harris
• Playwright and co-producer on season 2 of Euphoria, Jeremy O. Harris took to TikTok earlier today to reprimand fas of the show who have been gossiping about the state of affairs on set.
• This follows unconfirmed reports that actress Barbie Ferreira and creator/showrunner Sam Levinson butted heads while filming season 2. Anonymous gossip account DeuxMoi posted an email alleging that Ferreira walked off set and Levinson cut many of her lines in retaliation.
• The DeuxMoi post went viral on TikTok with creators sharing their takes on the rumor. DM also shared a “blind item” that could be about Levinson earlier today. Ferreira did not attend the season 2 premiere/photo call and did not participate in any promotional interviews with her cast mates. She did do some print promotion and posted about the first two episodes on Instagram.
• These rumors are happening at the same time the show is facing harsh criticism for how many nude scenes actress Sydney Sweeney has had only a few episodes into the season. Sweeney spoke out about those critiques in an interview the other day, saying that she felt comfortable on set because the intimacy coordinator and Levinson created a comfortable atmosphere on set. She also revealed that there were more scenes that would have involved being topless but Levinson listened to her when she said they felt unnecessary.
• Harris says he goes on TikTok to have fun but that it’s not funny to see fans make up rumors about Levinson, who he calls “the best boss [he’s] ever known” and his best friend.
• He says the Euphoria set is one of the safest and one of the most fun he’s ever been on, and that he’s worked with their intimacy coordinator on projects before and knows she’s “freaking amazing”
• Cites Sweeney’s interview where she said she felt comfortable on set doing so many nude scenes, and obliquely references articles and posts about the Ferreira rumor by saying “working any job in your twenties is really emotional”
• In the comments on a separate video Harris directly addresses a comment from a fan asking him to clear up the rumors about Levinson and Ferreira, saying “The only clarity needed is that they are rumors and you should be skeptical of them”