The Fútbol Girls Are Fighting and Spoiler Alert (It Involves Money)
– Umm, lemme preface, I’m American
– however, football is the biggest sport in the world
– so some of the biggest teams in the sport with scullions of dollars have decided to make their own league with their own competition(????). The established leagues are FIFA and the UEFA
– Here are the clubs who are a part of this: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Inter Milan, Juventus, AC Milan, Atlético Madrid, Barcelona, Real Madrid. You’ve probably heard of some of these names even if you didn’t follow the sport
– “UEFA also reiterated that any clubs involved in a Super League would be banned from all other domestic, European and world competitions, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams.” and continued:
“We thank those clubs in other countries, especially the French and German clubs, who have refused to sign up to this. We call on all lovers of football, supporters and politicians, to join us in fighting against such a project if it were to be announced. This persistent self-interest of a few has been going on for too long. Enough is enough.”
UEFA, the English Football Association, the Premier League, the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF), LaLiga, the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) and Lega Serie A have today released a statement.
Read it in full here: 👇
— UEFA (@UEFA) April 18, 2021
– not sure how this idea has sprung but it sounds like: 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰
– I mean JP Morgan Chase, the bastion of integrity, has given $6B to the project
– apparently this Super League idea has been sort of fiddled with for over 20 years
– Some reactions around the world: Fooking wankers! Tu madre es may feo! Cazzo!
– OP is still trying to understand what the hell is happening, but wanted to make a post so people can discuss